Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 1995 10:49:34 -0700
From:      supervisor@alb.asctmd.com
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, jhay@mikom.csir.co.za
Subject:    IPX feedback request -Reply

I sent my announcement of IPX for the FreeBSD distribution 5 days ago
and
I haven't received any feedback yet. I know you are all busy and maybe
everyone thought someone else will look at it? :-)

If I should mail somewhere else please tell me, but according to the
handbook -hackers is the place.

In case anyone missed my announcement, I placed the file in:
ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/ipx-fbsd.tgz

It supports ipx but not spx. There is diffs for ifconfig and netstat to
understand ipx. The only device driver that I changed was if_ed,
because that is the one we use here.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I modified netns for routing usage at the beginning of this year for
inclusion in the 2.0-RELEASE source tree. It was a series of patches to
be applied for IPX/SPX compatibility in the 2.0 kernel.

I uploaded the changes as netipx.tar.z to a couple of archive sites
and sent out an announcement as well; don't get discouraged. There just
appears to be little interest in performing this kind of function. All of my
work on the code patches stopped when there was no feed back.

For those that are interested: I can send you a copy of the diffs relative
to a 2.0-Release source tree...

Mike Mitchell
AMTECH Systems Corp
505-856-8000