Date:      Sun, 02 Feb 1997 12:41:22 +0200
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        mitch@hardware.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FWTK, IPFW,or Socks

Mitch James wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have one static IP and a private network connected through my FreeBSD
> system.  Using C Mott's version of PPP for NAT right now.  I want to
> be able to have http requests on port 80 to be forwarded to one of
> the machines using the 192.168.x.x addresses.  If I understand from
> earlier disscussions, I can do this by using one of three processes.
> FWTK, IPFW or Socks.  My question is which in your opinion would be
> best to use?  Which would offer the most flexibilty/less hastle, for
> future changes with my network?  Thank you in advance.
> Cheers,
> mitch
>  Mitch James               Living Near Latte' Land
>  mitch@hardware.com      James Lumber & Ace Hardware
>  www.hardware.com      www.hardware.com/complist.html

>From what I unedrstand, you want to have a server that will appear to
run on port 80 of your official address but will actually be running on
an internal machine, right? I think that in this case the TIS FWTK will
be the easiest solution. You'll only need to build http-gw out of it,
run it on port 80 and tell it that it's default http server is your
internal machine.

Nadav