Date:      Sat, 11 Oct 1997 12:31:57 +0000 ()
From:      Andrew Kenneth Milton <akm@mother.sneaker.net.au>
To:        richard@pegasus.com (Richard Foulk)
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freefall.FreeBSD.org, freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: LINUX emulation and uname(3).

+-----[ Richard Foulk ]------------------------------

| If Linux software doesn't run, for any reason, then the emulator has failed.

Or the software is poorly written, relies on bugs or undocumented features.

I can think of things that won't run on consecutive versions of the operating
system it was written for, this is under various platforms.

I can understand why uname might be used to build/configure software,
but, I don't understand why you would use it to licence your software.
There are better ways.

--
  ,-_|\  SneakerNet       |     Andrew Milton    |    GSM: +61(41)6 022 411
 /     \ P.O. Box 154     |  akm@sneaker.net.au  |    Fax: +61(2) 9746 8233