Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 14:08:45 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
Cc:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: signal mask from jmp_buf

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Nate Williams wrote:

# > I am unfamiliar with the JDK port.  Does it use FreeBSD native
# > threads?
#
# Nope, see above.  If/when FreeBSD gets 'real' kernel threads, it would
# be worthwhile to move it to using them, but until that team my suspicion
# is the optimzed 'threads' library that is part of the JDK probably is an
# easier solution for the JDK.  However, Steve may have a different
# opinion. :)

Actually I was just looking into cleaning the code up a bit
and getting it to work on -current again.  The version that
I compiled many moons ago just coredumps when trying to
bootstrap JDK2 builds on -current and I think it has to do
with the signals changes.

I would like to get a 'real' kernel threads implementation
going but it seems that it would be a -current only thing
for some time to come, so it might not be worth the effort
at this point.  At least I don't think I have the energy
for it at the moment - too many other interesting projects
going on right now. :)

Thanks.

-steve