Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 1999 13:58:7 +0800
From:      Ye Yong <yeyong@mail.wzptt.zj.cn>
To:        Ye Yong <yeyong@mail.wzptt.zj.cn>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: can't boot system after install FreeBSD

Hi

    please forgive me for the question about ""dangerously
dedicated" ,I have read FAQ of freebsd and konw about it,
but I am still confused.
    Below is my hard disk patition ,anything go wrong?

freebsd-questionsDisk name: da0
Disk Geometry:7314 cyls/90 heads/27 sectors=17773020 sectors

offset  size    end     name    ptype   desc    subtype flags
0       27      26      -       6       unused  0
27      17772993 17773019 da0s1 3       freebsd 165     CA=>
17773020 504    17773523 -      6       unused  0       >          '

after install FreeBSD,"operation system not found",can't boot.
Do I have to fdisk the hard disk in MS-DOS mode first,If so ,
what to do next,the hard disk is 8678M,should I create a primary
dos partiton and a extended dos partition,what to do next?
I am a freebsd newbie,can someone give a answer in detail,
thanks very much .

>Hi!
>
>   I have a HP LH3 server,as discussed in previous email,
>the NetRAID used by HP isn't supported by FreeBSD.  I attached
>the hard disk to the SE SCSI(single-ended SCSI) connector,this time
>the hard disk can be detected.
>    I went out to install FreeBSD on the server,I should have done
>everything right,partition,make the disk bootable,disk lable,install
>a Distribution set,after install and post-install config,there seemed
>no way to end install ,so I choose "exit install" and system rebooted,
> but it displayed "opertion system not found" and can't boot into FreeBSD.
> I tried several times,including minimal install.( I install by ways of ftp
>from a Windows NT server which hold FreeBSD 3.2 Release files) but didn't work.
>   anyone can help me?
>   thanks!

            Ye Yong
            yeyong@mail.wzptt.zj.cn