Date:      Tue, 28 May 2013 18:24:19 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: Upgrading to DocBook 5.0

On Tue, 28 May 2013, Gabor Kovesdan wrote:

> I have a patch to preview how it would look like:
> http://kovesdan.org/patches/fbsd-docbook5.diff
>
> Please comment on this. It is very important to discuss this kind of changes.

I think that keeping up with DocBook versions is important.

Leaving out the systemitem class simplifies markup.  One nice thing
about those classes is that they remove ambiguity during editing.
Without them, it may be difficult to tell from context whether a
systemitem is a username or a directory name, for example.  Although if
that is not clear from context, it suggests the text needs improvement.