Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 19:14:38 -0000
From:      "Greg Smith" <gregsmith59@hotmail.com>
To:        randy@psg.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DELL Latitude C600

Randy,

On my IBM TP600 Windows also has the pccard slots on IRQ11.  So are the USB
UHC and the video card.  That's because Windows is smart enough to use
so-called PCI Steering to conserve IRQs, since PCI will support multiple PCI
devices on a single IRQ (if they are well-behaved).

I believe the FreeBSD closest match to this behavior is setting IRQ0, or
"polling mode", for the pccard slots.  On my 4.1R machines I just don't
specify any IRQ and it works.

>but windoze says the pc-card is on int 11!  but i have tried that and no
>go.

HTH,

Greg