Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 12:44:51 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Lars Jonas Olsson" <jonas@mcs.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        jonas@mcs.net
Subject:   ADSL/HDSL

 I've followed the lead from Jim Lowe. I called Ameritech and asked
what central office I'm in and got a list of telephone prefixes for
that office. Using an ISP list (http://thelist.com) I couls then find
two ISPs using the same office.
 I also asked for the "dry circuit". I got to the special services
division that sells analog leased lines. These lines are called
3002. I can get 2-wire or 4-wire ones and they would cost $350 install
and $32 - $36 / month. They said these lines do not have any
signalling and probably is what is meant by "dry circuit". Is this
true?
 After checking http://www.pairgain.com I found many references to
HDSL but none to ADSL. Would I use ADSL or HDSL modems?
 Is anyone on this list using this kind of setup?

Jonas