Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 1999 10:01:43 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Riccardo Veraldi <riccardo@righi.ml.org>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 32-bit filesystem

thanks for the hints u gave me.
but I Wanted to ask if this thing of enabling 32 bit disk access
could make the system unstable or something.
Why if such speed improovement are obtained it is not included for default
in the kernel configuration ??
For example I have very new disk drives on my FreeBSD box but also an old
one perhaps the old one does not support such a 32 bit access.
Do u think I can choose what drive to work with 32 bits and which one
to work as default ?
Could the system hang or something ?
thanks

Rick