Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:03:02 -0500
From:      "Weston M. Price" <wmprice@direcway.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   recovering vi editor sessions????

Hello,
=09Recently I have noticed some strange behavior when booting up my FreeB=
SD 4.7=20
stable system. At the very end of the boot sequence I get the following=20
message:=20

recovering vi editor sessions:=20

After a few moments the sytem suddely informs me that sendmail cannot res=
olve=20
its hostname. I hit Ctrl-C and the system completes the boot sequence in =
a=20
normal fashion. I tried searching the mailing list archives but there doe=
s=20
not appear to be any sort of reference to this type of behavior. I looked=
=20
through the scripts in /usr/local/etc/rc.d for any reference to this sort=
 of=20
thing and I found nothing.=20
=09Strangely enough, I do not have sendmail enabled on my system, in fact=
, I=20
specifically inform the system not to build sendmail when I do a buildwor=
ld.=20
Any help in this matter would be appreciated. The rest of the system (aft=
er=20
the boot sequence) does not appear to be comprised.=20