Date:      Tue, 03 Dec 2002 19:32:28 -0800
From:      Bertrand Habib <bib@infomaniak.ch>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: microuptime went backwards ??

>BH>  "microuptime() went backwards ( nnn.nnnnnn -> mmm.mmmmm )"
>
>Sounds like an AMD Athlon.

Yes

>Disable power management in your BIOS.

Nop! It was disabled and this brough me to the microuptime problem.
After having re-enabled it (i.e: ACPI enable, APM enable), it seams to work.

>Also, I recommend disabling it in
>the kernel as well.

Kernel is GENERIC (in fact I did'nt checked if APM was still disabled in
4.7 GENRIC ).

># Power management support (see LINT for more options)
># device                apm0    at nexus? disable flags 0x20
>         # Advanced Power Management
>         # Disable due to microuptime() issue last year

New kernel build ongoing accordingly your config tip.

Last word: many thanks for your help, Christopher :)

Bertrand