Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 1996 10:20:50 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cron Console msgs

dennis stands accused of saying:

> I'm getting (all of a sudden) a "cron:pid XXX exited on signal 10" message
> every 5 minutes. I must have done something to cause this, but I
> dont know what. How to I turn this off?

Urk.  Is this a -stable or a -current system?  If the latter, go back to
an earlier kernel.  If the former, is cron the _only_ process dying like
this?

The 'right' way to fix this is to build a cron with debugging enabled and
then start it and attach to it with gdb.  This should trap when the
signal is delivered and let you see why it's dropping out.

If it's in a system call, you've got a kernel funny, if it's somewhere
else then cron has been broken, and if it's in a completely bizarre location
then I'd suggest swapping your memory around.