Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 2002 21:53:48 +0200
From:      "Peter J. Blok" <Peter.Blok@inter.NL.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Updating to stable

Hi,

I recently installed a 4.5-RELEASE system on intel and cvsup'ed it to
4.5-STABLE. The make buildworld failed because it was not able to find
certain defines in the include files. This is no the first time I have
encountered this.

The work-around is to copy the include files to /usr/include and do the
buildworld again. Sometimes you have to copy complete libraries to make it
work.

Once I have installed everything with an installworld and repeat the process,
everything works fine.

Am I doing something wrong? I have seen some postings about cross-compiling
and in my opinion the dependancy on /usr/include could be deadly.

On the system I use right now I cvsup on a regular bases and I don't have the
problem. However I always do a buildworld and installworld twice.

Thought? Opinions?

Peter