Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 01:18:39 -0500
From:      Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com>
To:        Jim Arnold <jim@ohio.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: would this dump/restore scenario work?

Jim Arnold (jim@ohio.com) wrote:
> Here's my question: If I nuked the scsi drive, did a clean install of 4.3R from
> the CD with the partitioning scheme noted above, and then did a restore from
> the dump file, would that work?
>
> Would restore have a problem trying to lay the files back onto a system
> that is not partitioned as the same from whence it came?

Fortunately, I've done a lot more dumping than restoring. However,
I believe you would run restore once for each new filesystem. Use restore
in interactive mode and select only those parts of the dirctory tree that
should be restored on the current filesystem.

--
Christopher Farley
www.northernbrewer.com