Date:      Sun, 04 Mar 2007 04:19:20 +0000
From:      Joe Holden <joe@joeholden.co.uk>
To:        frzburn <frzburn@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portsnap and cvsup for rebuilding world - Which one?

frzburn wrote:

 > On 3/3/07, *Joe Holden* <joe@joeholden.co.uk
 > <mailto:joe@joeholden.co.uk>> wrote:
<snip>

 > Thanks for the reply!
 > So if I understand well, i must use CVSup (or csup) to ``synchronize my
 > source''.
 >
 > But if I use CVSup, will it update my ports tree also? Then portsnap
 > really becomes useless, unless I only want to update my ports tree,
right?

 > Thanks! =)
 >
 > frzburn

You can update both using cvsup, once you've installed the cvsup client,
and decided what to checkout(sync), you can use the examples in
/usr/share/examples/cvsup to sync exactly what you want.

ie; for just syncing your source, you might want to use:

*default host=cvsup.uk.freebsd.org (or a closer mirror)
*default base=/var/db
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=$TAG (where $tag is RELENG_6 for 6.x
-STABLE/RELENG_6_2 for 6.2+Security/. for -CURRENT)
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress

src-all

Thanks,

P.S: please use "Reply all" so that your responses also get sent to the
mailing list