Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 1999 15:02:31 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andreas Kreuzinger <kreuzing@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        Thierry Herbelot <Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject:   Re: authentication for nis-user fails, only local user can login

Hi !

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Thierry Herbelot wrote:

[ login-problems for nis-user ]
> Just to check : did you add a line like "+::::::" at the end of your
> passwd file ?

Yes, I added the needed lines (starting with "+" and then the needed
number of ":") in /etc/passwd, /etc/master.passwd, /etc/group and
/etc/hosts.

I think the problem is not the nis system. It's the password encryption
that get me in troubles.
But I don't know how to locate the problem.

cu andy