Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2001 19:09:41 -0400
From:      User Witr <witr@rwwa.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Noisy Dell Inspiron 5000e

Hi:

My Dell Inspiron 5000e is noisy!  I don't mean the fan or the disk;  those
sounds are expected.  The laptop makes ticking/buzzing noises that are
correlated to CPU use.  Examples are scrolling an X window, moving the
mouse on some applications, compiling, and the like.  This happens running
FreeBSD *or* Win2K.

I checked through the mailing lists and searched the web but didn't see
any reports about this specific problem.

Do other people have the same problem, or is it just me?  Can this be
fixed?

Thanks!