Date:      Wed, 22 May 1996 14:15:45 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        kasturi@teil.soft.net (K.V.S. Sankaram)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Complaint

> 	Whenever I try to download the compiled kernel code(in the compressed
> format, bin.tar.gz) from your ftp site, the remote server is closing connection
> after sometime. I have tried atleast 10 times in the last two days but could
> not download it completely. Is there any other way of getting the kernel code
> from the network in a much faster way. We have a dedicated 64kbps line
> connecting our office to the Internet.
>
> 	   Please send a reply/suggestion to this as early as possible.

Your path is through MCI.

Use one of the mirrors to avoid MCI, have MCI not conveniently
drop network connections because they've sold more bandwidth than
they actually have, or pull down the files using an mget as
seperate files instead of trying to do them in a lump.

Then when you get dropped, use "reget" to restart the download where
it left off.  You *could* use "reget" on the file as it currently
sits, without much trouble.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---