Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:49:28 -0600
From:      "Shawn Barnhart" <swb@grasslake.net>
To:        <freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Error in ipfw manpage for stateful rules?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Sierchio" <kudzu@tenebras.com>

> >  Are you willing to give me a hand to correct this
> > oversight to the IPFW documentation and examples.
>
> The man page(s) need a rewrite, to be sure.  I think the examples
> should be moved out of the man page and put in /usr/share/examples/ipfw...

I'd love to see a lot more examples of the many ipfw features, especially if
they illustrate common uses or setups.  I know it gets exponentially
complicated as you mix features on a common box, so it might be best if
there were more examples with smaller combinations rather than one huge
example that combines dummynet, filtering, nat, transparent proxy and
bridging into one mind-twisting example.