Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2005 04:11:24 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Kris Kennaway" <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: /dev/io , /dev/mem : only used by Xorg?

Ah, yes I wasn't paying attention, he did say 5.  I stopped paying
attention
after reading that he was wanting to remove /dev/random.

> As the original poster discussed, /dev/io, /dev/mem and /dev/random
> are optional components of the 5.x kernel, although as I replied, the
> situations in which one would not want to include them are limited.

Actually, recompiling openssl to use a prng daemon instead of the random
device
will probably improve your ssh security - unless they have greatly
improved the entropy generation in the random device in 5.X

Ted