Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:00:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Velcro Leaf <velcroleaf@rocketmail.com>
To:        Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@MIT.EDU>
Cc:        "freebsd-fs@freebsd.org" <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: filesystems don't properly dismount

Benjamin Kaduk wrote:=0A=0A> The default NFS implementation did not change =
between 9.0 and 9.1.=0A> Per the 9.0 release notes, you can change your ker=
nel configuration to control =0A> which implementation is used -- NFSCL/NFS=
D are the "new" versions, and =0A> NFSCLIENT/NFSSERVER are the old ones.=A0=
 Are you running GENERIC or a custom =0A> configuration?=0A=0AIt's a GENERI=
C kernel, and I'm not actually using any networked filesystems.=A0 I saw th=
at the NFS stuff happened prior to 9.0-RELEASE, but I'm looking for any sim=
ple way to change the way filesystems are handled to see if it'll stop the =
ugly dismounts.=0A=0AApparently the sparc64 ZFS loader has been changed, bu=
t A) I honestly don't know what that means, and B) I'm not running a sparc6=
4 machine.=A0 Both malfunctioning servers are i386.=A0 I haven't updated th=
e amd64 one yet, and am a little afraid to, even though 9.0 is about to go =
EOL.=0A=0AI didn't see anything else in the changelog that would translate =
into something simple I can do that might solve the problem.=0A=0AI'll make=
 a custom kernel with only the above changes and see if anything different =
happens.=0A