Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 1999 11:07:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dennis Ostrovsky <denis.ostrovsky@yale.edu>
To:        Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.2-release and older binaries

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Steve Hovey wrote:

> Even though the lib is there.  I went thru the rc code to look at the
> ldconfig section - both tests match - the elf test, and the i386 test.
>
> Anyone know what Im missing?  It looks to me like ld.so is going only to
> the elf hints, and ignoring the aout ones.

Hmm, did you install the compat22 distribution? There's an option to do so
in /etc/make.conf, although I don't know if this is the solution to your
problem. When I moved to 3.x I re-compiled a whole bunch of stuff as ELF.

Dennis

    Dennis Ostrovsky ** Department of Chemistry ** Yale University

E-mail: den@master.chem.yale.edu     WWW: http://pantheon.yale.edu/~do33