Date:      Tue, 05 Jun 2001 15:29:41 +0900
From:      Martin Chandler <chand@lucksnet.or.jp>
To:        "Eric Rosenberry" <ericr@dsl-only.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Dell PERC2 in a Poweredge 2300

Looking inside the machine I see the disk controller backplane connected
via a single SCSI connector to what looks like an Adaptec 1790 card in the
PCI bus.  The Adaptec card has four external SCSI connectors.  During boot,
two Adaptec SCSI cards (one 1760 and one 1790) are detected, as well as the
PERC2, and right after detecting the PERC2 it hangs.
 From your mail and a look at the machine I assume, then, that FreeBSD is
correctly detecting the PERC2.
This still begs the question, though, of what is causing it to hang, and
what I might do about it.

Any further help is greatly appreciated.

MRC