Date:      Fri, 5 May 95 08:05:12 -0400
From:      crtb@helix.nih.gov (Chuck Bacon)
To:        Scott Mewett <scott@fit.qut.edu.au>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Satan 1.0 port for FreeBSD 2.0 (fwd)

> On the 13th of April Wesley posted a message stating that he had uploaded
> Satan version 1.0 onto the ftp.cdrom.com site under ...

> 	/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/Satan-1.0-Perl-5.0.tgz.

Sorry to butt in, but Satan 1.0 is history.  Turns out there was a
(very well advertised) security hole for anyone *running* Satan-1.0.
Satan-1.1 is available from among other places,
    ftp://ftp.gsfc.nasa.gov:/pub/security/satan-1.1.tar.Z
Goddard Space Flight Center should be a pretty safe archive.  It makes
so easily (there's relatively little C) that a genuine port is hardly
needed, and you have the reassurance that you have the real thing.
Oops--except that you need perl5.

> Scott Mewett			| With the lights out its less dangerous
> Systems Programmer		| Here we are now
> QUT		   		| Entertain us
> Brisbane, Australia		| I feel stupid and contagious
> Email: mewett@fit.qut.edu.au 	| Here we are now
> Phone: (07) 864 2247		| Entertain us
> Fax: (07) 864 1959
> Web: http://www.fit.qut.edu.au/~scott