Date:      Sat, 18 Oct 1997 18:56:30 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        allenc@verinet.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 3.3.1 distribution problem

> The new version of sysinstall has XFree86 3.3.1 among the canned
> distributions. When I tried to install select parts of the 3.3.1
> distribution, sysinstall could not find the files in

This was a bug in the distribution handling which has since been
fixed, sorry.

> I searched the mail archives and the bug database for futher information
> on this problem.  One reference in the bug database said I should
> install the distribution manually.  Fine, I'll just pkg_add the parts I
> need:

Heh, as you found out, these aren't actually packages though they are
deceptively (for 8.3 reasons) given the same suffix.  You're supposed
to extract them according to the instructions found in README in
the XF86331 directory (which is provided by the XFree86t project).

					Jordan