Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:47:14 +0100
From:      Theo PAGTZIS <T.Pagtzis@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with cursor keys under vi/help with sysinstall

Hi all,

   I've been having this annoying problem since I upgraded from 3.4 to
4.1 stable.

Basically when I am getting into vi the cursor keys do not work
properly: for instance instead of going down I keep getting a garble
message Usage [[
while when I an exiting vi I am getting back a 1l    on std.output

The worse is that I cannot control stand/sysinstall since any attempt to
use the cursor keys exits me from stand sysinstall

I have another question.

I did a make clean in /usr/src/release/sysinstall to rebuild the
sysinstall bin but when it reached a point where keymap.c was compiled
it complained that the keymaps in keymap.h were not understood. What can
I do to correct the situation

Theo