Date:      Sat, 19 Jul 97 12:13:12 -0800
From:      "Studded" <Studded@dal.net>
To:        "freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "jamie@intuition.iagnet.net" <jamie@intuition.iagnet.net>
Subject:   Re: timezone

On Sat, 19 Jul 1997 14:20:29 -0400 (EDT), Jamie Rishaw wrote:

>This is a really dumb question, but I know it's probably an FAQ.

	It is, many times over.  For future reference a quick check at
http://www.freebsd.org/search.html will save everyone a lot of time,
including you.  Also, this is a general fbsd question, and doesn't really
belong on the -isp list, although I'm not as anal about this as Jordan.  I
actually think it's kind of nice to have a "knowledgable and friendly"
list where a little digression is not a bad thing.  I actually refer
potential converts to the -isp list for a feel of how freebsd is used for
"real work," but I digress. :)

>How do you change the time zone on a machine?

	su to root, /stand/sysintall, Configure, Time Zone.  When you're
done, you also might want to touch /etc/wall_cmos_clock to make sure it's
synched, and check out the man pages for adjkerntz.

	This does lead me to a question I've been meaning to ask though..
why doesn't date work as advertised?  I know we have /stand/sysinstall,
but it would be nice if date did this function since the man pages say
it's 'posed to. :)

Good luck,

Doug

The man who fears nothing, loves nothing.