Date:      Sun, 25 Jul 1999 13:21:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "John J. Fox IV" <jfox@wizzards.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Changing MTAs

I'm tired of fighting sendmail, and want to try something else.

This is on a home machine that gets a dynamically-assigned IP whenever
I dialup, so whatever replacement MTA I use needs to have a feature
equivalent to sendmail's 'masquerade_as ' and 'masquerade envelopes'
functions.

Bearing that in mind, I have two questions:

1) What suggestions are there as to which MTA to use? I am leaning towards
exim or postfix right now, but I'd appreciate advice from those who have
already been where I'm going.

2) What is the cleanest way to remove sendmail from my system? It isn't in
the list generated by 'pkg_info', so I assume that 'pkg_delete' is not an
option. :)

Any thoughts on this are greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

john