Date:      Sun, 30 Sep 2001 15:14:24 -0400
From:      Peter Constantinidis <peter-c@home.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange CList panic during compile last night

Hi there,

Last night I was doing a major 'make install clean' of the kde2 =
meta-port.
In another tty I had running BitchX, and in that same session I was
twiddling with the vidcontrol -t # function to see if the screensaver was
running or not. I did it a couple times with different time settings. I
think a X xdm was also running.

Anyways shortly after one of the last times I twiddled with vidcontrol a
few minutes later while sitting in BitchX the screen said something like
'panic clist reservation buffers' and something else I couldn't catch in
time, then it tried to sync the disks and reboot.

So not knowing what to do I went back into the port, and did a 'make =
clean'
and then 'make install clean' again and it seemed to continue where it =
left
off, I had to delete 1 corrupted dist file for re-download..

Was this the right thing to do? And how can I tell the thing is really
compiled and installed properly?

Best,
Peter.