Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 1997 19:14:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>
To:        Søren Schmidt <sos@sos.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What's the interest in standard tools rewritten in perl?

On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Søren Schmidt wrote:

[re: make the world with perls]

> base utils. For one this is a total waste of time (and maybe talent),

Of course, perhaps the holder of this time & talent has no
interest in doing anything "better".  :-)

> the other is that it will render us completely incompatible with the
> rest of the BSD world. I think that nobody would be stupid enough to
> willingly takeover that kind of maintenance burden...

No, since presumably we will gain such huge advantages by
rewriting everything in perl that the rest of the BSD world will
have little choice but to adopt our version.

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk