Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:54:44 +0100
From:      Theo PAGTZIS <T.Pagtzis@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
To:        t.pagtzis@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with cursor keys under vi/help with sysinstall

Theo PAGTZIS wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>    I've been having this annoying problem since I upgraded from 3.4 to
> 4.1 stable.
>
> Basically when I am getting into vi the cursor keys do not work
> properly: for instance instead of going down I keep getting a garble
> message Usage [[
> while when I an exiting vi I am getting back a 1l    on std.output
>
> The worse is that I cannot control stand/sysinstall since any attempt to
> use the cursor keys exits me from stand sysinstall
>
> I have another question.
>
> I did a make clean in /usr/src/release/sysinstall to rebuild the
> sysinstall bin but when it reached a point where keymap.c was compiled
> it complained that the keymaps in keymap.h were not understood. What can
> I do to correct the situation
>
> Theo

Sorry to bother people but I just found what it is..

The setting of the TERM env var to xterm-color seems to mess up the key
mappings somehow.

If I remove the setenv TERM xterm-color (or ever setenv TERM xterm) the
behaviour goes back to normal..

is there a fix for that so that we could use colorised ls??

Theo