Date:      Wed, 4 Mar 1998 11:25:17 -0600 (CST)
From:      Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
To:        John Kelly <jak@cetlink.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Donations.

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, John Kelly wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Mar 1998 15:14:21 +0100, Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
> wrote:
>
> >I would agree with this, people will be much more inclined to
> >donate if they get a say what's to happen with this money.
>
> >1. Donate money and you trust the core group to do the sensible thing.
> >2. Donate money and vote for what happens with it.
>
> In the real world it's always number 2.  And if the elected officials
> don't respect the voters wishes, replace them with ones who do.

In the real world, it's always number 2.  But this is a FREE software
project.  I highly doubt the core team wants people dropping by with lots
of money and even more demands as to what the money should be used for.
The fact that a lot of people work on this project as a hobby is one of
the things that makes it so attractive.  Besides, arguing this point
anymore appears to be mute, as Jordan has already expressed his views.

Also, I dont recall voting for any core team members (elected officials).

--
Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Network Systems Group