Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 1996 15:39:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jeremy Sigmon <jsigmon@www.hsc.wvu.edu>
To:        Ben Black <black@gage.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ping failure to alias  FIXED!!!!!!

> <nofill>ok, so what was the problem?
>

> b3n
> </nofill>

Actually I changed so much it was hard to tell, but here is what I fixed

#1 added stuff into the route_ section in sysconfig
(from what you sent me unchanged except localhost=>127.0.0.1
 and ${hostname}=>157.182.105.122)

I recreated my hosts file because a few constructs looked fishy
I might have been up too late hacking something when I put the following
in:
127.0.0.1            localhost.hsc.wvu.edu localhost
157.182.105.124      www.hsc.wvu.edu
157.182.105.123      hscnet.hsc.wvu.edu

124 was wrong should have been 122
and the top was changed to
127.0.0.1            localhost

So maybe you can add to your page in the "if ping still fails"
to look at the hosts file and add the two routes in sysconfig that you
showed me.

thanks for all the help.