Date:      Tue, 9 Mar 1999 11:26:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jorge Aldana <jorge@salk.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        jorge@salk.edu
Subject:   FreeBSD 3.1 Install Error

When I install FreeBSD 3.1 I get the following error:

Kernel copied OD, but unable to save boot -c changes to it. See debug
screen (ALT-F2) for details.

DEBUG SCREEN:

Lib/X11/XF86Setup/mseproto98.tcl
man/man1/XF86Setup.1.gz
man/man1/xmseconfig.1.gz
175 blocks
DEBUG: kget: error sizing buffer

The installation continues and everything seems ok, untill I attempt to
setup the X-server (XF86Setup) where the following error appears:

Copyright stuff

Configuration file:/etc/Xaccel.ini
FreeBSD using /dev/ttyv3

pid 864 (Xaccel):trap 12 with interrupts disabled
PCI (#1/2, 80000100)
GLINT,6: XP4020 (8192k @fb800000)

ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libgnumalloc.so.2.0"
waiting for X server to shut down xterm: fatal IO error 32 (Broken pipe)
or Killclient on X server ":0.0"
xterm: fatal IO error 32 (Broken pipe) or KillClient on X server ":0.0"

I installed the compat's  but I could not find libgnumalloc.so.2.0 any
ideas out there?

Jorge