Date:      Sun, 06 Mar 2005 08:12:47 +0000
From:      Jason Henson <jason@ec.rr.com>
To:        gabriel <normal1.lists@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: D-Link NIC.

On 03/06/05 01:45:48, gabriel wrote:
> Interestingly enough, even though I've compiled the driver into the
> kernel, the card isnt recognized by it.
>=20
> dolores# kldload if_ath.ko
> kldload: can't load if_ath.ko: File exists
> dolores#
> interface if_ath.1 already present in the KLD 'kernel'!
> and nothing in ifconfig.
>=20
> I think I'm out of options? Should I give up?
>=20

Try to narrow your problem.  I have had issues with wireless security =20
in the past.  The way I got it working was to disable all security on =20
the ap to get a connection, then work my way to the securest config I =20
could get tell it stopped working.  Never give up!  If you compiled =20
your driver into the kernel and you have a bin file that came with your =20
driver it won't work until you make the bin file a shared object and =20
put it somewhere like /boot/modules.

Here is some info and links:

Card: D-Link DWL-520 (Rev D1)
Chipset: Realtek RTL8180 (rev 20)
pciid: 10ec:8180
Driver: ftp://202.65.194.18/cn/wlan/rtl8180l/ndis5x-8180(173).zip
Driver: http://ultimate.kicks-ass.net/drivers/ndiswrapper/ndis5x-8180=20
(173).zip
Other: AP isnt found automagically but iwlist wlan0 scan shows AP's. =20
WEP untested. Debian sarge. kernel-2.6.8-2. ndiswrapper-1.0

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/index.php/List?PHPSESSID=3D007e1=
0656724d8c88d0669e8f82ef943
http://support.dlink.com/products/
http://acx100.sourceforge.net/