Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 2010 08:47:09 -0500
From:      Programmer In Training <pit@joseph-a-nagy-jr.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to use cdrecord

--------------enig46A10D9A30DB7B70916DEB31

On 03/14/10 08:17, Jerry wrote:
<snip>
> Add this to your /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC file: (or what ever you=

> have named it)
>=20
> device          atapicam
>=20
> You then have to rebuild your kernel. You would probably be best
> served by reading up on how to update FreeBSD. Starting at this URL
> would be a good idea:
>=20
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/makeworld.html
>=20
> Post back here if you need further information.=20
>=20
>=20

Rebuilding the kernel is not always an option, and it seems to me the OP
and I are at the same point of knowledge about FreeBSD (not far enough
along to be comfortable building/rebuilding the kernel).

kldload atapicam works just fine for me (as I'm sure it does the OP), it
even gives me info about my internal ZIP 100 drive. Problem solved, at
least for me, no kernel rebuild necessary.

--=20
Yours In Christ,

PIT
Original content copyright under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org
Please do not CC me. If I'm posting to a list it is because I am subscrib=
ed.