Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 1999 00:13:39 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@link.freebsd.os.org.za>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sv: mount(2) broken?

On Sun, 5 Dec 1999, Garrett Wollman wrote:

>Um, the correct question would have been:
>
>* Why isn't MAKEDEV installed by `make install' in a kernel
>compilation directory?

Afaik, anyone tracking -current either knows to do this or
uses a tool (like mergemaster) that does it for you (I know
I do ;-)

Installing MAKEDEV also won't solve these problems from what
I understand unless the disk devices are re-made. Is it
acceptable for MAKEDEV to be installed into /dev
(at some stage of the make world, rebuild kernel and install
process) and have it re-make at least the disk devices contained
in /etc/fstab and /etc/amd.conf ?

---
Khetan Gajjar       (!kg1779) * khetan@iafrica.com ; khetan@os.org.za
http://www.os.org.za/~khetan  * Talk/Finger khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za
FreeBSD enthusiast            * http://www2.za.freebsd.org/
Stupidest quote heard : Who is this BSD, and why should we free him ?