Date:      Fri, 08 Jan 1999 07:37:07 -0500
From:      "Jon M. Craig (Pazuzu)" <pazuzu@amphigory.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP not redialing...

About two weeks ago I (finally!) upgraded from 2.2.2 to 2.2.8.  My FreeBSD
machine has a dedicated dial-up connection to the Net that I need to stay
up 24/7 no matter what.  PPP used to, despite my ISP's best efforts to
thwart it, keep my connection live anytime it dropped.

Now it doesn't.  I have both reconnect and redial set to 50 tries, random
delay, but when the connection drops (usually at like 5am every day), PPP
does NOTHING.  When I wake up at 7, it's still dead and will remain dead
until I do something.  The weird thing is, all I do is run pppctl xxxx, and
it dials instantly.  Before I even see the password prompt.  What is the
problem here and how do I fix it?

---
Fr. Pazuzu 7:7:9 - Co-Owner of Amphigory, The Gothic & Magickal Emporium
Editor, Sentence ov Desire
Email: pazuzu@amphigory.com
WWW: http://www.amphigory.com/