Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:56:31 -0800
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>
To:        Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at>
Cc:        Tobias Roth <roth@asterix.unibe.ch>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Laptop compatility list

Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at> wrote:

> > my suggestion is that a human manager (you? :)) should take care
> > of those (rare?) cases when someone wants to change an entry. or
> > that person can just ask you to delete it and then reenter the
> > corrected data.
>
> No problem for me.
>
> Of course, if that turns out to be real work, I'd have to think of another
> solution :-)

     I suspect that it will be a lot of work for you, as FreeBSD and
XFree86 are being constantly enhanced and fixed.  What does not work
today, will often work tomorrow (or the next month ;-).  For example, I
just submitted a laptop comment to your site, but I expect that I'll be
submitting a few more updates over the next few months.  To make the
site easy to use, you'll probably want to merge the comments together
(who wants to read lots of possibly conflicting comments to get a vague
idea of FreeBSD laptop support?).  As the submitters can't edit their
own posts, you'll have to do it.

     However, it is your life, and you're free to spend your time as you
wish.  ;-)

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@soco.agilent.com