Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 1999 13:32:20 +0100 (CET)
From:      Theo van Klaveren <havoc@phoenix.student.utwente.nl>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, Theo van Klaveren <havoc@Cal30B054.student.utwente.nl>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question about GLIDE...

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Doug Rabson wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Julian Elischer wrote:
>
> Thats right. Another gotcha with the Glide code is that it uses the Linux
> convention for outx(), i.e. outb(val, port) where we use outb(port, val).
> That had me going for an hour or two..

Ah-ha, thanks for mentioning that! What had me going for an hour or so
was not noticing that they didn't supply the '-c' to install, which caused
the header files to be moved OUT of the source tree on the first build
pass :)

> Seriously, look at my diffs. I ran all the tests and they produced the
> same results as for Linux. I was planning to work with the folks at
> glide.sourceforge.net next year to get the FreeBSD bits integrated with
> their source base.

That'd be a Good Thing. Seriously though, the patchwork I'm creating here
is NOT meant to be integrated in the source tree (it's _UGLY_)... I'd be
glad to help in any such porting work though.

B.t.w. I noticed the assembly files are preprocessed with gasp piped
through to as, which generates an empty object file because gasp isn't
on my system. It also isn't in the ports. Anyone know where to get it?

Theo van Klaveren <havoc@phoenix.student.utwente.nl>
 http://phoenix.student.utwente.nl  /  ICQ #1353681

 - Why, oh why didn't I take the _blue_ pill?