Date:      Fri, 03 Jul 1998 02:46:26 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Variant Link implementation, continued

>I agree that the possible keys (ie, variable names) for symbolic
>links should not be something that's fixed at system build time.

   I sure don't agree with that. I also think Jordan's desire to have symlinks
translated with the user environment is either not attainable or undesirable
or both. I personally would rather that the info be kept in a seperate name
table (like what Terry suggested). I also prefer to have a hierarchical
structure (also like Terry suggested, except that I'd have the system table
as a seperate autonomous thing and not attached to the init process).

-DG

David Greenman