Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 1997 08:29:16 -0500
From:      rhh@ct.picker.com (Randall Hopper)
To:        fbsdlist@revelstone.jvm.com (Cliff Addy)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can pgp encrypt without adding to keyring?

Cliff Addy:
 |I'd like to create a shell/perl script to pgp encrypt email.  However, I
 |can't find out how to have it encrypt *anything* with adding the public
 |key to my keyring.  These are one-shot deals where I have the acsii
 |version of the public key and will never need it again.  I've looked
 |through the O'Reilly book on pgp and can't find any help.

    I'd just post it, but given export restrictions, who knows what strange
laws I'd be breaking by just describing how to use publicly-available PGP.

Check out the Mutt mailer:

    ftp://cs.hmc.edu/pub/me/mutt/README.US-only

Fetch the mutt-0.60.tar.gz file from the specified path (if you meet the
criteria listed).  And look at the first few lines in pgp_encryptMessage,
specifically the sprintf.

Randall Hopper