Date:      Wed, 09 Sep 1998 10:59:02 -0700
From:      Steve Byrne <sbb@freegate.com>
To:        alk@pobox.com, rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Daemonising a Java Process: Possible?

At 12:07 PM 9/9/98 -0500, Tony Kimball wrote:

>Please do share your findings!  The other obvious possibility is
>using the gjc stuff; but that is GPL, and is likely to leak memory
>(not being designed as part of a long-lived jvm) -- unless you
>add boehm gc!

Uh...how can you conclude that?  The compilation technology has little to
do with the runtime memory management model.  Cygnus has posted papers about
their GC approach, both on their web site, and in the most recent issue of
Dr. Dobbs.  I suggest you read that before assuming that memory leakage of
allocated storage is connected with the generation of machine code.

Steve