Date:      Fri, 27 Dec 2013 12:25:35 +0100
From:      "Cedric GROSS" <cg@cgross.info>
To:        "'R. Tyler Croy'" <tyler@monkeypox.org>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Checking the current iwn(4) firmware version and upgrading it

Hello Tyler,

All iwn firmware files are kept in /usr/src/sys/contrib/dev/iwn (if your
source tree is in /usr/src).

But there are not used as is within kernel. If you wish to use a new
firmware file you will need to :
- Download firmware you wish here
(http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/iwlwifi)
- untar downloaded file and then uuencode firmware (ie: #uuencode -o
iwlwifi-7260-22.0.7.0.fw.uu iwlwifi-7260-7.ucode =
iwlwifi-7260-22.0.7.0.fw)
- Change file's name in IMG line within Makefile of corresponding =
subfolder
in /usr/src/sys/modules/iwnfw/
- Rebuild your kernel (or if you remove iwnfw from your kernel config, =
just
rebuild  iwnfw)

Best regards
Cedric