Date:      Sat, 31 Aug 1996 12:14:01 +0500
From:      A JOSEPH KOSHY <koshy@india.hp.com>
To:        Sean Eric Fagan <sef@Kithrup.COM>
Cc:        dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Has anyone run x11perf on 2.1.5-RELEASE?

> >>So, while running x11perf, the X Server is *SUPPOSED* to slow down and
> >>eventually die when I try to move the mouse?
> >It isn't supposed to die (although it often looks dead in this situation).
>
> Well, it did die.
>
> Although this might have been due to the window manager -- fvwm.  I've
> noticed that it is terribly sensitive and dies at the drop of a hat.

If you are interested in running performance tests, its best to run it
without any window manager running.  Certain X requests are redirected
to the window manager and this could interfere with the tests.

Does the X server die and leave the console in an unusable state or do
you exit cleanly when the error occurs?  Also, what console messages
do you see when the server exits?

Koshy