Date:      Sun, 27 Jul 1997 14:10:20 PDT
From:      "Alexander Batzios" <nethopper@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xinitrc,moused and X

Hi there,I've noticed that two strange things happen to my freebsd
(2.2.2 release). First of all,when I run moused I can't use my mouse in
X until I kill it.Second,when I modify the
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc file and use startx I get into graphics
mode for about 1 second,then back to text mode as if I normally exited
(no error messages etc). That happens even if I put
a comment on the xterm -g blah blah line or if I generally do something
to the file.This never happened to the 2.1.5 release where I could
freely add a fvwm95 line in my xinitrc while now if I even save the file
without changing anything I can't get into X using it.
(# xinit still works but the #xinit /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc
doesn't).
Any idead?