Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 1998 15:15:01 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Tristan Savatier <tristan@mpegtv.com>
Cc:        Doug Lo <jwlo@ms11.hinet.net>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VideoCD (VCD) on freeBSD

> > > 2) the following ioctl should be implemented for reading mode2 form2
> > > sectors of CDROM-XA:
> > > CDROMREADTOCHDR
Can be done

> > > CDROMREADTOCENTRY
Ditto..

> > > CDROMREADRAW
Not yet :(
(I'm pretty sure of this, but I could be wrong)

The first two are called CDIOREADTOCHEADER, and CDIOREADTOCENTRYS (there is
also CDIOREADTOCENTRY, but I'm not sure what the difference is)...

Also, so kludging to translate ioctl's for the CD device would be needed..

The read raw stuff would need to be added to the FreeBSD kernel driver (yech..)
Good luck :)

|Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer for Genesis Software |
|http://www.gsoft.com.au                                            |
|The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to|
|choose from. -- Andrew Tanenbaum                                   |