Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:24:48 +0100
From:      Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
To:        Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bug in kernel documentation?

On Friday 18 January 2002 10:53, Anthony Campbell wrote:

> linking kernel
> 	usb_ethersubr.o: In function `usbintr':
> 	usb_ethersubr.o(text+0x31): undefined reference to ether_input'
> 	*** Error code 1
>
> Incidentally, if you don't compile in usb but try to insert it later as
> a module, a similar message appears.

Well, my guess is that usb depends on the ethernet code for the usb ethernet
devices it supports, but yes, maybe the docs should be corrected regarding
that.

Cheers,

Miguel Mendez - running FreeBSD (Linux GNU/Debian & Windows-free zone ;-)
--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net
        EnergyHQ :: http://energyhq.homeip.net