Date:      Sun, 07 Apr 2002 00:41:30 GMT
From:      "Hiten Pandya" <hitmaster@mysun.com>
To:        Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Splitting the Handbook? (was: [a couple of new doc PRs])

--- Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Apr 2002 15:11:26 -0800
> Hands up from this end.  The current handbook is very large, if it
> keeps growing (and come one everyone, we know it will) then eventually
> it shall become the ``big book noone likes to carry'' or some other
> hefty collection of information.

Also, it would be great to split up the handbook into say:

  o User Guide - This will allow us to fill this guide with more user
    centric content, on various things such as "IRC on FreeBSD", and
    the jazz..

  o Admin Guide - This will allow us to fill it with more information on
    the various chapters we have got on administrations, such as vinum,
    ccd, also performance tuning.  And also to convert some articles
    into (admin) handbook chapters such as the java-tomcat article,
    which murray pointed out a short while ago, and the like.

So, its a hands up from this end as well. Although this would take
quite a while to accomplish. :)

--
Hiten Pandya
Finger hiten@storm.uk.FreeBSD.org for PGP public key