Date:      Wed, 18 May 2005 19:05:04 +0400
From:      Andrey Smirnov <smir@netstream.ru>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Alright you primitive screwheads, LISTEN UP!!

Gary Kline wrote:

> 	Well, (Gary said, ddeliberately changing the ^Subject:),
> 	interesting. My mother's parents are from Hungary, two of my
> 	dad's grandparents from  Germany.
>
> 	Didn't know about Hungary (or Japan).  China, yes.  Anybody
> 	on this geek list know any other societies where the surname
> 	is traditionally presented first and the given name last?

In Russia, in all official documents name is written:
	Family_Name First_Name Middle_Name

So, my full name would be:
	Smirnov Andrey Andreevich

In short form, we usually put first name in head of family name (surname):
	Andrey Smirnov
This feels less official.

So, it's sometimes hard to find out what is what if you don't know
Russian names well.